Have you received the email or red notification from Facebook letting you know that your Facebook Page template will be changing soon? Don’t panic. You still have a choice in how your page will look. If you don’t choose a template yourself, Facebook will automatically change it on August 23. Be sure to search around for what template would work best for your business and make the decision yourself rather than have Facebook’s algorithm choose one for you.
You can choose from a wide variety of templates that better fit your brand:
- Services – for people to see what you offer and get in touch
- Business – to manage your business, special offers and job openings
- Venues – to highlight information like hours, locations and upcoming events
- Movies – to highlight showtimes
- Nonprofit – designed for encouraging people to help fundraise and donate to a cause
- Political – to help reach your supporters and communicate your message
- Restaurants – to highlight your menu, hours, location and photos of food
- Shopping – to showcase products and a more seamless online shopping experience
- Video page – to highlight specific video content
According to Facebook itself, this new change will help you connect with the people who care most about your business. With the decline of organic reach across the board, Facebook is changing things up to ensure that they are still valuable to small businesses as well as corporations.
The templates may look similar but depending on your choice they differ on layout design and call to action options. For a restaurant you can now choose an option to “make a reservation,” or for retail, “book an appointment.” This won’t drastically alter how your page looks as a whole, but it could make a difference in your reach and engagement compared to previous weeks. Take the time to poke around and see what advantages there are for your business and choose the template that suits your brand.